Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that is solely dedicated to treating a malocclusion. Malocclusion is one of the most common oral concerns among individuals of all age groups. Every year, millions of people seek dental assistance to get rid of a malocclusion, which speaks for itself as to how important orthodontics is.
Dr. Sassen is one of the most sought-after orthodontists in the Temecula area. He offers some of the best orthodontic solutions based on the severity of malocclusion and the adaptability of the teeth to the treatment. At the end of the treatment period, our patients would always have a happy smile that they would love to flaunt.
Importance of orthodontics
Getting rid of malocclusion is essential in preventing the following drawbacks:
- Misaligned teeth often give rise to pain in the jawbone and the joints of the jaw. This pain is quite persistent as well.
- Crooked teeth are difficult to brush. No matter how well you brush them, a significant proportion of microbes tend to get left behind on them. Also, it is very difficult to floss them, which would increase the chances of developing cavities.
- Malocclusion can leave quite a nasty appearance on your smile. Patients with malocclusion often think twice before smiling as they fear their crooked teeth would be easily visible.
- Over time, malocclusion can induce a change in the patient’s facial shape.
What are the common orthodontic aligners?
- Dental braces: Braces are one of the most effective and commonly used orthodontic appliances. They are composed of metal brackets and wires that apply pressure on the teeth in a particular direction to move them as required. Brackets will be placed on the teeth and fixed in position using dental adhesives. Wires will be run through them and their ends will be fastened to the molars. The pressure applied on the teeth can be altered by tightening or loosening them, thereby altering the alignment of the teeth.
- Clear braces: Clear braces are either made from transparent plastic material or tooth-colored ceramic, thereby staying under disguise during the course of the treatment. Though they aren’t completely invisible, they do a good job at being less noticeable. Even the wires can be customized to match the color of the teeth.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is one of the most technologically-advanced orthodontic aligners. It is backed by a technology that allows the dentist to precisely map out the positions of the teeth and produce a simulation of how they would look at the end of the treatment period. Most importantly, the pressure applied on the teeth can be controlled precisely to induce just the right amount of movement. One of the best features of Invisalign is that it is made from transparent plastic material, which makes it nearly invisible when worn. Also, it is removable and can be taken off as and when required, such as while brushing the teeth or eating food.
Call us at (951) 676-4556 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Sassen Dadseresht and we’ll be able to guide you further.