Invisalign is an orthodontic appliance that has gained massive popularity over a short period. It is fabricated from transparent plastic material and stays indistinguishable when the patient wears it. Unlike conventional metal braces, which have been the go-to solution for treating malocclusion, Invisalign is hardly visible as it is made from a transparent material. It keeps you from hiding your smile during the orthodontic treatment phase and allows you to be your confident self.
Why is Invisalign highly preferred?
- Invisalign is a removable orthodontic aligner. You can take it off whenever you have to brush your teeth, eat food, or during necessary activities and put them back on once done. This convenience isn't available in the case of traditional dental braces.
- The aligners are completely metal-free and do not contain any metal components, such as brackets or wires. This entirely eliminates your chances of sustaining injuries to your soft oral tissues.
- Invisalign is supported by highly advanced technology. It allows the dentist to diagnose the severity of your malocclusion thoroughly. Also, the dentist will show you how the treatment would progress during the entire course.
- While undergoing Invisalign treatment, you may continue to eat all your favorite foods and not make any changes to your diet. But, when you have metal braces on, the dentist will advise you to keep a few foods off your diet, such as hard or sticky foods.
- The aligners are made from a biocompatible plastic material. They wouldn't cause any infection to the soft tissues or teeth.
How is the treatment carried out?
The dentist will screen the mouth visually and using our highly advanced scanning devices during the initial visit. X-rays will be taken to better understand the teeth' alignment, and the obtained data will be used for fabricating the aligners. Multiple sets of aligners will be made for each treatment stage, and depending on the severity of the condition, the number of aligners usually varies between 20 to 40. We will hand you a new set of aligners during the start of each treatment phase.
Invisalign aligners look similar to personalized mouthguards. They have to be carefully placed on the teeth after making sure there is no food residue left on them after having a meal. The aligners should ideally be worn for 22 hours each day - even during sleep. This allows the aligners to move the teeth as desired during the expected time duration. Post the treatment period; you may require retainers to ensure the teeth do not move back to their old positions due to relapse.
To have a consultation with our team of dentists, please call our office at (951) 676-4556 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.